GBoW – Episode 9
About This Episode
In this week's episode of Great Beards of Westeros we're featuring Donovan van Beek, the Bearded Maester (we just coined that name, you're welcome Don), winner of store championships and other tournaments. He helps us introduce the first contest which should be a fierce one! The prize pool itself is unlike anything you've seen.
Jakob gives us this week's Swedish lessons with a "småländsk" dialect. We're also discussing the Beard trait and how it might impact the meta game in days to come.
Oh, and we hope you all see the updated cover image for this podcast. Same bearded dude, new pose. And those eyes, they pierce your soul.
Listen and subscribe to the audio version at our Soundcloud page: https://soundcloud.com/great-beards-of-westeros or on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/great-beards-of-westeros/id1095176910?mt=2
Video version is at the Agot Nordic Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC_ab9ZYWy4
- Guest of the Week: Donovan van Beek
Topic of the Week
- Competition: The only beard that matters
Beard of the Week
- Dagmer Cleftjaw (http://lcg-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/got2nd/GT07_111.jpg)
- Maester of Starfall (http://lcg-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/got2nd/GT05_76.jpg)
- Ser Barristan Selmy (http://lcg-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/got2nd/GT07_107.jpg)
Tonic of the Week
- Antiga Barbearia De Bairro Cutthroat Shavette (https://barbearia.com.au/collections/all/products/antiga-barbearia-de-bairro-shavette)
- Swedish Lessons: Stäng dörra!
- Viewer Submission #3 - (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRKQSne9v-8)
Intro music by BrewHouse Music, used under Creative Commons license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/legalcode)